Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer with 10+ years experience developing and maintaining cross-platform backend and middle-tier solutions for rich internet applications, single page applications, and native mobile apps.
Focused on Quality and Craftsmanship
Focused on creating understandable, maintainable, and testable code. Adept at making complex ideas or requirements easy to understand and achievable. Valued by teams for setting standards and providing advice and counsel. Committed to delivering on promises with a strong sense of personal accountability.
Leader, Phoenix Software Engineering Reading Group
Constant individual and group learner. Active community member and leader.
Skills, Languages, Technologies, etc.
Amazon Echo / Alexa
Java • JUnit • Agile • HTTP • TDD • Concurrency • Jetty • XML • JSON • IntelliJ IDEA • Craftsmanship • Git • Jenkins • Ant • Dropwizard • Subversion • Guava • Drupal • Google Glass • Drupal • Ivy • XStream • Refactoring • Jackson • Continuous Integration • Windows • Linux • Mac • Automation • D3.js • Node.js • Express.js • Passport.js • S3 • MySQL • HAL • GitFlow
- Upcoming: Your First Amazon Alexa Skill (October, 2016). To be presented at Desert Code Camp 2016.1.
- Sharing My Enthusiasm for Weather (2015). Presented to coworkers at meltmedia’s biweekly show and tell.
- Visualizing Wind Data with Google Glass (2014). A presentation that featured a live demo [now a screen recording] of a proof-of-concept Glassware application for ASU.
- Java Concurrency – Past, Present, Future (2013). Presented to a group of mostly non-Java developers.
- Amazon Echo Age Calculator Alexa Skill (2015). An Alexa Skill for calculating age between a given date and now. Node, AWS Lambda, Amazon Echo.
- Dropwizard Tutorial (2014). Painless RESTful JSON HTTP web services. Java, Dropwizard, Jetty, Jersey, Jackson.
- Sleeping Barber (2013). My take on the Sleeping Barber program using then-modern Java concurrency constructs. Java.
- MotoWatcher (2012). Motorola cable modem signal statistics page scraper and notifier. Java, HTTP, XOM, TagSoup, XML, HTML, Growl/Prowl.