We’re an open group of Phoenix-area software engineers and developers! We meet every other week on Wednesday nights from 7pm to 9pm at Gangplank in Chandler.
Questions? Send me a message
How does it work?
Where do you meet?
Our group meets at Gangplank Chandler in the Burgundy Lounge, the first conference room on the right toward the rear of the building. Just ask someone to point you in the right direction if you need help finding us.
Is the group right for me?
The group is focused on professional development for software engineers and developers. You should review the list of our previously read books and judge your skill and experience accordingly. If you are new to programming or are a student, you may be better served by a study group made of your peers.
Should I wait until you start a new book?
It depends on the book. But, really, it’s up to you.
- Clean Code
- TDD by Example
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
- Learn You A Haskell
- Refactoring to Patterns
- Don’t Make Me Think, Revisited
- Good Math
- Hands-on Node.js
- D3.js (Interactive Data Visualization for the Web)
- The Timeless Way of Building
- The Design of Everyday Things
- Head First Design Patterns
Potential Future Books and Topics
- Ship It!
- Domain Driven Design
- Coders at Work
- Netflix technology
- Seven More Languages in Seven Weeks
- The Next 700 Programming Languages
- Understanding Computation